During this interim period donations and continued membership are greatly appreciated while we transition to a new space.
|When||Every Monday, from 19:30|
- Description: We are an informal group of robotics enthusiasts
- 10 MAR 2018 - Currently Suspended / In Hibernation
Get in touch
- LSHRobotics mailing-list
How to get started
Robotics is a multidisciplinary field and although that is what makes it exciting, it also makes it really hard to get started.
Here are some resources to get you on help you get started:
- Starting bots
- Dagu Magician robot chassis (we have one!)
- Andrew Davison (Imperial College) robotics course (). Excellent introduction to mobile robotics.
- Robotics 101 - Set of videos based around the Actobotics set by Sparkfun, good general overview.
- Don't forget we have some good books at the hack-space library, you can browse them using LibraryThing
- Hack Space Robotics Development platform - An experimental platform for bridging the mechanics-software gap at the hackspace
- Staubli Robot Arm - Our industrial robot arm
Here's the opt-in list of members and what they are working on
- Dean not an expert more of a project manager :-)
- Jon I currently have a small collection of home built and bought robots, including a 3Pi, a scratch build two wheel balancing robot, an antique 6DoF hydraulic arm and a RoboNova biped. I built an autonomous robot for the [SparkFun AVC competition] in June 2013, and I'm helping with the Staubli Robot Arm.
|Robotics Group Meeting|
|19 March 2018 at 19:30|