Guides/Bringing items to the space
One of the hackspace's greatest assets is it's physical space. But with so many members it is quite a challenge to keep the space free of clutter. It is also requires a lot of effort to keep the space organized and tidy. Therefore we ask that you please be very considerate when donating or storing items at the space.
If you are considering bringing any item to the space that you do not intend to keep in your personal storage then please check the following:
- Is it on our wishlist? - if your item is not on our wishlist then please check on IRC or the mailing list before bringing it into the space.
- Would you be upset if it were thrown away? - If it would be difficult for the average hacker to comprehend the intrinstic hack-value of your item then it may be thrown away at any time.
- Furthermore any items that will not fit through our 3 week disposal process may be thrown out without warning.
- Does it meet any one of the following criteria? - If it doesn't you can be fairly certain that we do not want it:
- Is a tool useful for the types of hacking that take place at the space.
- Is a common part/component that is not scrap.
- In working order and has a resonable resale value.
- Can be easily stripped for high value parts.