Maybe about a 1/4 of the yard?
We're going to meet on the 12th at the space warming party to see what mix of skills & commitment we've got.
Sarah's proposal for a Hydroponics Veggie Garden
- a picnic table
- a promise of ultra-cheap compost from the Leytonstone community garden
- likewise, plenty of spent grains from Brewing for compost
- Hackney council offer free deliveries of compost in bulk - 15 tonnes of it in a truck: http://www.hackney.gov.uk/greenerliving-how-compost.htm
Plants inside the space
On the window sill in the craft area near the laser cutter we've got:
- Some cacti
- Some sunflower seeds which are germinating atm
- 2 x spider plants
- 3 pots planted with fairly random seeds that Jasper had left over, some of: nasturtiums, large blue poppys, sweet pea's of a few kinds, mixed wildflowers. Most said "Plant by 2012" so I don't know how many will germinate, will probably need splitting up and planting out if they do germinate
- raised beds
If we're doing hydro/aqua
- grow lights
- tanks etc.
- tarpaulin (for a pallet base vertical garden like here)
- plastic bottles for hanging garden (either this or this)
- Billy Smith
- Steve Ganly keen to set up an aquaponics system
- Ben Huss
- Sarah Simmonds
- Aggie Deberny
- Natalia Yockelle
- Dragos Margarint
- Add your name here!
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFs5V4YaTY Aquaponics example system