Good news - we're open for limited services in Wembley. Ujima House is now actively under refurbishment and we'd love your help in making the space the best it can be.
During this interim period donations and continued membership are greatly appreciated while we transition to our new space.
Maybe about a 1/4 of the yard?
We're going to meet on the 12th at the space warming party to see what mix of skills & commitment we've got.
Sarah's proposal for a Hydroponics Veggie Garden
- a picnic table
- a promise of ultra-cheap compost from the Leytonstone community garden
- likewise, plenty of spent grains from Brewing for compost
- Hackney council offer free deliveries of compost in bulk - 15 tonnes of it in a truck: http://www.hackney.gov.uk/greenerliving-how-compost.htm
Plants inside the space
On the window sill in the craft area near the laser cutter we've got:
- Some cacti
- Some sunflower seeds which are germinating atm
- 2 x spider plants
- 3 pots planted with fairly random seeds that Jasper had left over, some of: nasturtiums, large blue poppys, sweet pea's of a few kinds, mixed wildflowers. Most said "Plant by 2012" so I don't know how many will germinate, will probably need splitting up and planting out if they do germinate
- raised beds
If we're doing hydro/aqua
- grow lights
- tanks etc.
- tarpaulin (for a pallet base vertical garden like here)
- plastic bottles for hanging garden (either this or this)
- Billy Smith
- Steve Ganly keen to set up an aquaponics system
- Ben Huss
- Sarah Simmonds
- Aggie Deberny
- Natalia Yockelle
- Add your name here!
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFs5V4YaTY Aquaponics example system