Good news - we're open for limited services in Wembley. Ujima House is now actively under refurbishment and we'd love your help in making the space the best it can be.
During this interim period donations and continued membership are greatly appreciated while we transition to our new space.
Pledge: Knitting Machine
We have a Brother KH-950 Knitting machine!
It can be hacked to knit over usb and to work automatically. This means you can 'print' pixel art in wool form!
Story so far
- Knitter won on a well-know auction site
- Got a very strange look from the seller when I collected it "Is it...for you??!"
- Briefly set up in Derby and ran for two minutes before the smoke escaped
- Fault identified as a failed capacitor in the PSU. Spare cap will be collected from a well-known high street electronics company on Tuesday 5th July
- Should be delivered to the Space on Sunday 10th July
- New caps have been fitted and the machine powers up without smoke
Please could all pledges now be settled by transfer to the HackSpace account, with the unique reference "KNITTING".
£10 Ciarán-- PAID
£40 Solexious-- PAID
£10 Dave Durant-- PAID reference ""
£30 zoe-- PAID reference "knitting machine from zpl"
£10 kevin-- PAID reference "FFED910200922B9FC7"
£10 Artag-- PAID reference "FFED910200922B9FC7" (sorry, saw the change too late)
£30 nigle-- PAID
£20 tomwj-- PAID reference "KNITTING" --Tomwj 14:00, 30 June 2011 (UTC)
£40 mattp-- PAID (reference PLEDGE)
£10 --dsikar-- PAID
£10 jasper-- PAID ("KNITTING")
£20 timrichPAID but fluffed up the reference, its blank.
£10 gausiePAID by solexious to close pledge
Paid : £250
Left over cash (if any) will be used for maintenance/repairs.