- Tom Wyatt
- martind -- I'll just watch while you people get your hands full of meat glue.
- SamLR -- mmmm meat glue
- Pressure cooker
- Vacuum chamber
- Whipped cream whipper + N20
- Liquid nitrogen
- Dry ice
- Sou Vide cooker
- Make a Handheld Smoker? Example commercial cool smoker I have apple trees that need trimming if we need applewood for smoking chips. (akki)
- Snozzberry Wallpaper - Lickable wallpaper like Willy Wonka (shouldn't be *too* hard to do...)
- The Blind Breakfast (Hair of the dog that bit you). All the ingredient will be alcoholic.
- mobius pizza
- i've got plans for this - tomw
- Freeze dried icecream
- Michelangelo’s Pizza Taste Test
- Miracle Fruit Party
- Bacon Cupcakes
- Cucumber flavoured taffy/chewy candy like starburst/opal fruits
- Dragons Beard Candy
- FIZZY FRUIT! (dry ice inna box with some fruit. Should probably look this up a bit more...) Oh you can make it with a cream whipper and CO2 http://www.molecularrecipes.com/fun/carbonated-fizzy-fruit/
- Homemade Aero Chocolate (Vac Bag + shallow food container with pinhole in it + nitrous whipper prewarmed + melted chocolate and work quickly)
- oils + maltodextrin = Flavour Powders Example: Pepperoni Powder
- Vegetable Crisps to put the powders on
- Fancy Pretty Chocolate colouring with natural stuff source Akki has made some of this before Chocolate Hello Kitty
- Isomalt oil drop "candy"
- Cheeseburger/ Bacon Cheeseburger in a Pill - Render out beef fat, cheese oil (and optionally bacon fat), mix with maltodextrin, put into gelatin capsules. Cheeseburger burps with less calories.
- OMGBACONPIZZA - Bacon bacon bacon bacon with a bacon lattice
- Bacon Pig - pig-shaped form covered in bacon lattice and baked to piggy perfection.
- Spherification - liquid in ball shapes (hurrrr) Like the "fish roe" in the DIY Sushi Candy Kits
- Jelly/Gummy shot glasses
- Rapid Infusion Tea! http://www.cookingissues.com/2011/06/17/raw-deal/ also like the "funky frozen lemons" = bergamot flavouring
- Cold coffee vacuum extraction
- Dry Lemonade Powder
- We could technically make ANY weird-ass beverage if we used drops of organic food-grade essential oils Example: Lemon & Rosemary Soda to serve with roast lamb dinner to cut the fattiness and enhance flavour.
- Vacuum infusion - lime juice, sugar, and gin into cucumbers Dave Arnold (1h 18m 50s)
- Bloody Mary Tomatoes (vodka tomatoes) Clare's mentioned she's made these before? Also recipe in one of the Stefan Gates books
- make carbonated gin
- infuse coffee and vodka Rapid Infusion Coffee Vodka
- Infuse vanilla pods and vodka to get vanilla extract Rapid Vanilla Extract
- trial run tomw's creation?
- the software is pretty much ready, we'd need about 10 ingredients to run it at the moment.
- Historical Context and Demos Illustrating the Relationship of Food and Science | Lecture 1
- Cooking Issues - Dave Arnold's blog.
- Stefan Gates does cool stuff. http://www.thegastronaut.com/ (and "food kits") He's also vaguely local to the area and we might be able to convince him to come around and do some cool demos? Or help us source things at the very least...
- Heston Blumenthal
- Field Trip to The Fat Duck? (pricey but my friend's been many times...)
|Rapid Vanilla Extract||04/05/2012||Making vanilla extract|
|Rapid Infusion Coffee Vodka||11/05/2012||Making coffee vodka|
|Miracle Fruit Party 2||TBC||Eating sour things after having had tablet of Miraculin|
|TMNT Pizza Taste Test||TBC||Trying the various pizza flavours that featured in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles|
More Coming Soon